Billing analysts work in a company’s accounting department and ensure that clients are billed correctly. They correspond with clients, issue invoices, and oversee the company’s revenue intake. Duties and Responsibilities of a Billing Analyst
The analyst’s responsibilities include verifying that billing is accurate, that payments are collected on time, and that customers are billed according to contract terms.
Billing analysts also prepare or review invoices submitted by vendors.
These invoices require coding in order to match the items being purchased to a precise price.
Billing analysts also review all invoices for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with contract terms.
Billing Analyst Duties
- Review, evaluate, and analyze billing data to identify trends, problems, and opportunities
- Develop and implement a new process that will replace the current manual billing process
- Maintain up-to-date customer records
- Develop and implement a new process that will improve the efficiency of the billing process, and streamline operations
- Implement and maintain appropriate accounting systems
- Assist with special projects involving development of new programs and procedures
- Assist with the planning, coordination, and implementation of the annual budget
- Develop and update required forms
- Use and apply knowledge of accounting, billing, and collection procedures and principles
- Perform miscellaneous office duties as required
Billing Analyst Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and maintain billing and collections policies, procedures, and systems
- Assist the Operations Director and Business Manager in forecasting and budgeting
- Maintain and update SOW and preconstruction documents, and monitor contract obligations
- Complete job cost and subcontractor reporting
- Process and track subcontractor invoices
- Prepare monthly reports including: overall job revenue, revenue by subcontractor, job revenue by division, and revenue by subcontract category
- Assist with financial forecasting
- Manage 1099 subcontractor screening
- Track dial-er activities
- Provide backup for accounting functions
- Perform other related duties as assigned