The following are the Functions of Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council
- Establish and maintain uniform norms and standards on the learning of medicine and dentistry in Kenya.
- Approve and register medical and dental schools for training of medical and dental practitioners.
- Prescribe the minimum educational entry requirements for persons wishing to be trained as medical and dental practitioners.
- Maintain a record of medical and dental students.
- Internship qualifying examinations, preregistration examinations, and peer reviews as deemed appropriate by the Council.
- Inspect and accredit new and existing institutions for medical and dental internship training in Kenya.
- License eligible medical and dental interns.
- Determine and set a framework for professional practice of medical and dental practitioners.
- Register eligible medical and dental practitioners.
- Regulate the conduct of registered medical and dental practitioners
and take such disciplinary measures for any form of professional
- Register and license health institutions.
- Carry out inspection of health institutions.
- Regulate health institutions and take disciplinary action for any form of misconduct by a health institution.
- Accredit continuous professional development providers.
- Issue certificate of status to medical and dental practitioners and health institutions.
- Do all such other things necessary for the attainment of all or any part of its functions.
Location: Woodlands Rd, Hurlingham, Nairobi