Cell C Limited, based I Buccleuch, Sandton, South Africa, is a 22-year-old proudly South African customer-first mobile network operator recognised as one of the country’s 30 most valuable brands; and an enabler that is bridging the digital divide with telecommunications and technology products and services that ensure its customers enjoy the benefits of a modern connected world.
Brett Copans is Interim CEO following the stepping down of the previous CEO, Douglas Craigie Stevenson in March 2023.
Cell C launched its #ChangeYourWorld brand campaign on 1 February 2021. Their repositioning is about breaking down stereotypes and striving to win against all odds. The campaign celebrates the spirit of resilience. As a proudly South African brand, they believe customers can identify with the story of making it through challenges.
Ambition and Network Strategy
In mid-2019, Cell C embarked on a turnaround strategy to set a firmer financial footing in order to drive its ambition of moving from a traditional telco to a technology, digital lifestyle company.. This included a move away from a capital-intensive build-and-own network model to an infrastructure sharing model. Cell C will complete its transition to its network partner by 30 June 2023.
Awards and Recognition
- Level 1 B-BBEE contributor
- Innovation Challenge initiative to provide support to and partner with SMEs
- Development of the re-evolution of Cell C’s TAGCTWD; and to move to an inclusive and holistic youth programme called SEE YOUTH.
- Recognised as customer service champion that offers value in the Ask Africa index and leader in overall customer satisfaction the SA-csi index
- Certified top Employer South Africa 2022
By Wikipedia Contributors Container: Wikipedia Publisher: Wikimedia Foundation Year: 2023 URL: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cell_C